Fort Collins CO ?

For discussion of any issues surrounding hang gliding and paragliding sites.
Previous topicNext topic
GTPilot

Fort Collins CO ?

Post by GTPilot »

I may be moving to Fort Collins CO, and I'm wondering if there are any known foot launches in the area. I didn't find any on the google maps site locater. This may be a deciding factor of not moving.
Scare!
Site Admin
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada (eh!) [49.8953,-97.1385,somewhere in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada]

Post by Scare! »

There's a flight park just outside of town, 34 miles away straight-line: http://www.rmhga.org/site_guide/farm_flight.htm

Mt. Zion only 58 miles away.

Copper Mt. 95 miles.
McFly

Post by McFly »

What do you consider "in the area"? Colorado has some great sites if you don't mind driving a few hours. I usually drive 3 hours to a good mountain site on Saturday, soak in the hot springs, camp in the truck, then drive home Sunday night. There are other good sites within 2 to 2 1/2 hours of Denver. Check out rmhga.org.
Life is either a daring adventure or nothing: Hellen Keller
Serakpilot

Post by Serakpilot »

Is Masonville still being flown?
wexford1uk

Post by wexford1uk »

Go here: www.rmhpa.org
JohnJ

Ft Collins sites

Post by JohnJ »

The RMHPA.org site is your best bet for local info.

Farm Flight is for tow operations and those have not yet been established this year (they are working on the engine). It is certainly not a foot launch site.

Due to cities and park restrictions there are few foot launch sites on the front range, and those that exist generally require club membership to provide insurance for the park districts. Best bet is to join a local club like RMHPA. that will get you the local membership / insurance coverage for some sites and will slo hook you up with a great group of HG and PG people who know the area.
jj
Previous topicNext topic