Flying sites in Spain ???

For discussion of any issues surrounding hang gliding and paragliding sites.
Previous topicNext topic
MarcG

Flying sites in Spain ???

Post by MarcG »

Hi,

I am off to spain flying in March and need to get an idea of sites in southern spain. We will be heading to Algodonales (suprise suprise) and need to know the sites within 300 K of that area so... granada .. sierra Nevada etc.

I have been to a few before such as Teba, Loja, Padul and Baza but ideally could use some info on other good HG sites.

So if anyone can help here that would be gretly appreicated

Regards and good flying all...

Marc
Scare!
Site Admin
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada (eh!) [49.8953,-97.1385,somewhere in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada]

Post by Scare! »

There's several. These are the sites that I know of in Spain and Portugal (except the Azores). The circle is a 300km radius from Algodonales. Open in Google Earth for more details...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
phil chett

Post by phil chett »

This is interesting. No Ager. (northern spain, not to far - east of -from castlejon de sos)
used to be advertised as the european owens.
When i get time i'll have to add it, wont i

There are quite a few "guides" down south. http://www.lejair.com/ being one of them
MarcG

Post by MarcG »

Cheers Guys...

looks like I am going to Give Lejair a shot... very welcoming of hang gliders in the area....

far too many flying bags of washing apparenlty ;-)

All in good fun...

M
hucky

Re: Flying sites in Spain ???

Post by hucky »

MarcG wrote:Hi,

I am off to spain flying in March and need to get an idea of sites in southern spain. We will be heading to Algodonales (suprise suprise) and need to know the sites within 300 K of that area so... granada .. sierra Nevada etc.

I have been to a few before such as Teba, Loja, Padul and Baza but ideally could use some info on other good HG sites.

So if anyone can help here that would be gretly appreicated

Regards and good flying all...

Marc
Apreciated marck here you habe a spanish pilot who recomend you Algodonales in march, Ager or castejon in june and july, and piedrahita or Arcones in august.

Referring Ager don,t thinck it be strong like owens waley , it is just my opinion i never flow there, but some friend who fly normalli in ager explain owens is really strong.
Wegofly

Hi from Àger North Spain

Post by Wegofly »

A big “Hola”(Hello) to everyone from Àger Spain!

You can have access to four world-class flying sites in one trip:

“we go fly” is now based in Àger, which was host to both the British Open in 2006 and the Paragliding World Cup in 2007. Not too far away is the infamous site of Castejon de Sos, which has hosted countless World cup and international paragliding competitions over the years. We can also use Berga and Organya.

Àger is in the “foothills” (still mountains by British standards!!) of the Pyrenees, Àger is basked in warm and reliable flying air throughout the autumn. Àger has great X-C potential is famed for its evening restitution. The Catalonian corner of the pre-Pyrenees boasts some of the best X-C flying on the planet. As northern Europe starts to succumb to stable air or even become cold and grey!

“wegofly” offers paragliding holidays in Àger Spain. There are cheap flights into Barcelona and Reus where we can collect you. The Àger valley has beautiful old Spanish towns that await you, with quiet uncrowded skies. We are situated at the foot of Montsec, in the Vall d'Àger. It's a protected area of countryside for tourism conservation, providing adventure sports and activities.

Please take a look at our website www.wegofly.co.uk for more info

We look forward to having you fly with us soon.

Happy Flights!

Amanda and Winston
Previous topicNext topic