Argentina Sites?

For discussion of any issues surrounding hang gliding and paragliding sites.
Previous topicNext topic
Chetope

Argentina Sites?

Post by Chetope »

Does anyone haveany info on flying sites near Cordoba? I'm a H2 visiting in July, any advise?
JBBenson

Post by JBBenson »

I may be going to Argentina soon on business, and was given this contact, try them.

e-mail: info@flyranch.com.ar

http://www.favl.org.ar/HTML/Clubes%20FA ... adelta.htm
Chetope

Post by Chetope »

I've tried contact the fly ranch but they haven't gotten back, I was looking at the Argentinan Regulations and lisencing site I'm still learning spanish so I didn't understand it all. Do you know if we have to register or join a club before we can fly? also how are you just going to the fly ranch or the sites near Cordoba too?
JBBenson

Post by JBBenson »

Not sure, have never been there, I am sure that they will answer in good time, it is summer there so they are probably very busy.
jwtexas

Flying sites in Argentina

Post by jwtexas »

The closest flying site to Cordoba is a place called "Cuchi Coral" near La Cumbre. If I remember correctly, it is about an hour and a half to the site from the city of Cordoba. Nice concrete ramp, large setup area, no shade, and about a 700' vertical drop (pretty sheer) with a good LZ below by the river. If you go during the hot part of the year take your swim suit for the river. There is camping at the river and a little BBQ joint with cold beer. The road down to the LZ and to the launch is dirt but you don't need 4 x 4 for it. It takes a half hour to get to the LZ from the launch. The guy who runs the airport in La Cumbre is Swiss, speaks about 5 languages and has a trike. He can help you fix most anything on your wing if you need it.

http://maps.picturesargentina.com.ar/maps/cordoba.gif

The link above is to a map of Cordoba...La Cumbre is to the north-north west of the city of Cordoba and Cuchi Coral is on the map as well, west of La Cumbre. Anyone there can show you the road to the launch...be sure to close the cattle gates behind you. Happy flying! You might get to thermal with the Condors there!

Jamie
Previous topicNext topic