Mass. Flight Parks

For discussion of any issues surrounding hang gliding and paragliding sites.
Previous topicNext topic
Jay

Mass. Flight Parks

Post by Jay »

Hi,

I'm up around Milford, MA frequently on business - can anyone recommend a park in that area?
--------------------------------------
No matter where you go, there you are
Ksykes

Post by Ksykes »

Morningside in New Hampshire. Claremont to be specific.

www.flymorningside.com
Jay

Post by Jay »

Thanks, looks like a great place. Only problem is it's 100 miles away from Milford. Is there any parks in MA or RI? Milford is half way between Boston and Providence.

I looked on the USHGA site and the only place listed in MA was EARTH & SKY ADVENTURE SPORTS, which is a dead link. There's no place listed in RI.

So when is "in season" for flying, in the NE?
Scare!
Site Admin
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada (eh!) [49.8953,-97.1385,somewhere in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada]

Post by Scare! »

Sites nearest to Milford:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jay

Post by Jay »

might be as the crow flies, but driving Ellenvile is Further than Moringside according to a quick check of driving directions.

I guess I'd say somewhere not too far from Boston Airport and then to Milford for business during the week would be the trip I'd be planning. An hour or two at most driving to get somewhere is what I was hoping for (dare to dream, eh?).

<edit>
Oops, didn't see Talcott - was just looking at the HG icons...
Ron Gleason

MA sites

Post by Ron Gleason »

Jay, Morningside is your best bet. Talcott is a tough site. Welcomoe to New England where 2-3 hours of driving equals 1 hour of flying! makes FL looks grand!

Ron 'formerly from MA' Gleason
Ksykes

Post by Ksykes »

From Milford, 495 north to mass pike west to 91 north - no more than three hours to Morningside. Fully equipped shop, lots of demo/rentals. Real fast turnaround from LZ to 450' launch without breaking down your glider. Back when I was living in Mass, I would go up there, get in 10 flights and be home for a late dinner.

I am guessing that you are not travelling with your glider? so that would rule out Talcott and Ellenville is good, but a farther drive and more time invovled in car shuttling and all.
Jay

Post by Jay »

ksykes wrote:From Milford, 495 north to mass pike west to 91 north - no more than three hours to Morningside. Fully equipped shop, lots of demo/rentals. Real fast turnaround from LZ to 450' launch without breaking down your glider. Back when I was living in Mass, I would go up there, get in 10 flights and be home for a late dinner.

I am guessing that you are not travelling with your glider? so that would rule out Talcott and Ellenville is good, but a farther drive and more time invovled in car shuttling and all.
Thanks - will check out Morningside next time I'm in MA in the spring.
Previous topicNext topic