ECAC (East Coast Aerobatic Championships)

A place to list & talk about excuses to get together and fly!
Previous topicNext topic
Dallas Willis

ECAC (East Coast Aerobatic Championships)

Post by Dallas Willis »

http://www.usaero.org -- big thanks to Dean Funk for putting up the website and designing the logo! Registration is now open. $395 per competitor, both sport and open class, 6 tows to 3k and a smoke bomb per tow. I love stainless steel so I tapped Noman to build the trophies (thanks Noman!).

Any questions let me know. Even if you don't want to compete or judge be sure to come on out and watch the first ever East Coast aerobatic meet!

Also, big thanks to the Foundation for Free Flight and USHPA for their matching grants to support the development of new aerobatic hang gliding judges!
Davis
Site Admin

Post by Davis »

I say that the grants are a waste of time and money.

Contestants should be the judges (they are the most experienced and best judges) and they should judge each other in an open manner to assure fairness (prisoner's dilemma). I predict that getting outside judges as an effort will fail.

Otherwise, cool.
Davis
Site Admin

Post by Davis »

BTW, I see that Dean has used my Google Docs template for registration. Good job. I have spoken with Dean about it previously and he was all for the idea and had already used Google Docs in other apps.

I think that the USHPA will be adopting my organizer package soon (if it gets through the CC).
Previous topicNext topic