Less Forum traffic?

A discussion restricted to the topic of hang gliding.
Andrew Vanis

Less Forum traffic?

Post by Andrew Vanis »

It seems there is less activity in the forum these days.

Seems to have started after the time it was down and changed formats.

Interesting how quickly use can diminish of an on-line resource with a little change in routine.
Remmoore

Re: Less Forum traffic?

Post by Remmoore »

I still read and enjoy this forum daily, along with the .ORG, but I'm participating much more in a few niche facebook forums. Pilots in my specific region, or flying my specific wing. Yeah, they're (mostly) not world-wide groups, but more focused on topics of interest to me.
RM
Col.r

Post by Col.r »

Yes,I certainly agree with both posts.Obviously it nearly all happens here now,
https://www.facebook.com/ozreport

With the crazy shite happening all over our world and the shadow of climate change looming over everything , I'm having trouble being my usual positive self. :roll: ..
We are all in the gutter,but some of us are looking at the stars. MT.

Youtube videos- Col Rushton
CloudHopper

Post by CloudHopper »

As I slowly climb in what might well be the last thermal of my life, I'll gladly accept climate change over communist take-over, if that is the only two options on the horizon.

Meanwhile, we're still digging up old gliders around here and flying them just for fun: Saturns, Pulses, Sensors (Model A and Model F with Flaps), Fly2, Super Sport, Seagull Seahawk, etc.

"Any glider is fun, and landing back on top where the truck is parked is always a bonus."
Col.r

Post by Col.r »

You know I have recently added another video to my Youtube channel. With the permission from the owner of the movie and partly because it's a nonmonetorized channel, ( my thoughts in 2016- " put em on YT,if the house burns down!-I lose everything, at least I have 5-10min edits of my flights since then" :lol:) . So to see my twin and I with mates flying the old gliders from 1978 was a mind blow to say the least :) . So enjoy some lost footage found( thanks Roger) of our Byron Bay Skysurfers flying from our oldest hill -a time when we literally lived poor for the flying. ps the red scare affected us too-didn't stop us getting social protection programs or financial safeguards though and more..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FoFIR0Z ... rtt4AaABAg
We are all in the gutter,but some of us are looking at the stars. MT.

Youtube videos- Col Rushton
Blue_Seleneth

Post by Blue_Seleneth »

Most of my past commenting was in reply to articles in the actual Oz Report.
The articles still contain links to the forum, but those links all seem to be broken.
Just now I wanted to add my blazing ignorance about the photo of Mike Barber launching at Whitwell, but it was not to be.
CloudHopper

Post by CloudHopper »

That is a nice photo. Calm confidence
Scare!
Site Admin
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada (eh!) [49.8953,-97.1385,somewhere in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada]

Post by Scare! »

Blue_Seleneth wrote:Most of my past commenting was in reply to articles in the actual Oz Report. The articles still contain links to the forum, but those links all seem to be broken.
Yeah, sorry about that. I haven't finished re-writing the patch that does the cross-posting from the main site to this forum. Started several times, but keep getting distracted. It's extra-complicated because the Oz Report posts are all written with HTML formatting, and this new forum goes to great lengths to prevent HTML in posts. Soon, though...
Blindrodie

Post by Blindrodie »

Since the Pandemic started I have been in a new world...We covered my employers ass big time as everything was closing down. I was deemed essential and since then have been finishing my career at home. I've been on the OR maybe 5 times in the last year and a half. When I read that everything was changing I was so bummed out. Have not flown in 2+ years. Retiring in 38 daze. I MISS EVERYONE so bad now... Need to get back to it soon. Will have lots of "free time" on my hands. Just hoping the body will continue to follow suit. Hello to all my free flight friends. I wish you all well and good flying. Maybe I'll see you in the air in the next few years.

Jim 8)
Jim

Tow me up. I'll find my way down
Davis
Site Admin

Post by Davis »

Just to let you know, the Oz Report has a big presence on Facebook, which I realize doesn't help those you find that service objectionable. It is much easier for me to pick and choose posts from other sources to feature in the Oz Report on Facebook. Kinda lively.

Still, of course, I post relevant articles on the Oz Report web site and in the emails emanating from it.