$5 million dollar questions????

A discussion restricted to the topic of hang gliding.
Martin

Re: $5 million dollar questions????

Post by Martin »

Thanks guys... another sleepless night.... "old Billy was right; let's kill all the lawyers".... Shakespeare and the Eagles.

Martin
Davis
Site Admin

Post by Davis »

It's not the lawyers. They are just the hired guns.
Scare!
Site Admin
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada (eh!) [49.8953,-97.1385,somewhere in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada]

Post by Scare! »

Be a good start though!
Seamusless

Post by Seamusless »

Do you know what the name of that Colorado case was?
Davis
Site Admin

Post by Davis »

Okay, so you don't want to do it through the legal system. Then you just hire hit men instead?
TrikeTrash

Post by TrikeTrash »

“Perhaps free flight, sport aviation will come to end with only VR goggles and computer generated experiences will be the only freedom within reach of the average person that wants to "go flying"” – Martin

Got news for ya, it’s already underway. But it’s not virtually glasses and computer simulations. It’s high definition headsets and small RC aircraft that returns both visual and telemetry in real time. I know because I’ve been seduced by the technology. With my current setup I can take off from within my yard, fly out one half mile in any direction and return. I get the same adrenaline rush and rapid heartbeats that I would if I were flying my trike. I have plans to extend my range out to five miles and convert the radio control side into a full life size cockpit. All the while, the thoughts of my ever flying my trike again become more and more distant.

I’m not alone, there is a sizable population of potential pilots, that are currently being sucked into this technological vortex that will never pursue “real flight”. Just take a look at the vid below, everything you see (with the exception of the initial walkaround) is what the pilot sees on the ground, in real time. As the pilot turns his head, the camera inside the aircraft turns. Why would anyone risk his hiney, when he can do this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iw46md5Cco4

- Mark
Davis
Site Admin

Post by Davis »

I had a trike for a while. It was truly boring.
Andrew Vanis

Post by Andrew Vanis »

Davis wrote: Fri, Jun 11 2021, 12:59:40 am It's not the lawyers. They are just the hired guns.
Not always.... "Victim" is approached by a contingency lawyer (think ambulance chasers*), "victim" looses so the "victim" lawyer loses their effort and "victim" didn't lose anything BUT the accused loses their attorney costs and many any sleepless nights.

.... Wonder who would pay the winner's attorney fees in the above scenario if the "victim" didn't have money.

What if it was the attorneys who were responsible for the losers fees?... Would likely have them take only strong cases once they had skin in the game....

Though, at some point the victim and accused could totally be out of it and the attorneys could just parade infront of the judge.
Davis
Site Admin

Post by Davis »

See health insurance company above.
Andrew Vanis

Post by Andrew Vanis »

Re insurance co.... got that in this case.....my question was more general in a case where the "victim"/plaintiff with no money to pay winners side was being lead by the creative attorney.

It would be great to get the specific case details in the case you published in the OZ report. Nothing against the poster but with our human re-versioning of anything we perceive there are likely differences in the post and the entire occurrence (and I get the case file is likely missing some info around the incident as well but it will at least be a fixed datum point)