FAI on COVID 19

A discussion restricted to the topic of hang gliding.
Previous topicNext topic
The Oz Report

FAI on COVID 19

Post by The Oz Report »

<div id="1592451037"><i>Hang Gliding Specifically</i><br><p>FAI writes:</p><p class="BN">The FAI has issued technical and practical recommendations concerning the return to normal operations in air sports during the COVID-19 pandemic. All people involved in air sports activities are urged to take responsibility and to follow the recommendations.</p><p class="BN"><a target="_blank" href="https://www.fai.org/sites/default/files ... </a></p><p class="BN">3.2 HANG GLIDING</p><p class="BN">3.2.1 Preparations</p><p class="BN">•Physical distancing<br> •Watch the wind direction at the airfield, choose an upwind position<br> •Preferably use own equipment<br> •Shared equipment: to be sanitized or cleaned before each use. The use of disposable hand gloves is recommended, to be removed immediately after use and disposed off into a closed bin</p><p class="BN">3.2.2 At launch point</p><p class="BN">Winch</p><p class="BN">•One regular winch driver<br> •Changing of winch driver: to sanitize all touched materials<br> •Return of cable by one person<br> •The pilot has to fix the cable himself, if possible<br> •Only verbal instructions by instructor or other officials<br> •Physical distancing at any time</p><p class="BN">Aerotow</p><p class="BN">•The pilot has to fix the cable himself, if possible<br> •Return of the dolly by one regular person<br> •Only verbal instructions by instructor or other officials<br> •Physical distancing at any time</p><p class="BN">Soaring</p><p class="BN">•No special instructions needed</p><p>Well, foot launching?</p><p>Got for it.</p></div>
Mikeover

Re: FAI on COVID 19

Post by Mikeover »

The Oz Report wrote:<div id="1592451037"><i>Hang Gliding Specifically</i><br><p>FAI writes:</p><p class="BN">The FAI has issued technical and practical recommendations concerning the return to normal operations in air sports during the COVID-19 pandemic. All people involved in air sports activities are urged to take responsibility and to follow the recommendations.</p><p class="BN"><a target="_blank" href="https://www.fai.org/sites/default/files ... </a></p><p class="BN">3.2 HANG GLIDING</p><p class="BN">3.2.1 Preparations</p><p class="BN">•Physical distancing<br> •Watch the wind direction at the airfield, choose an upwind position<br> •Preferably use own equipment<br> •Shared equipment: to be sanitized or cleaned before each use. The use of disposable hand gloves is recommended, to be removed immediately after use and disposed off into a closed bin</p><p class="BN">3.2.2 At launch point</p><p class="BN">Winch</p><p class="BN">•One regular winch driver<br> •Changing of winch driver: to sanitize all touched materials<br> •Return of cable by one person<br> •The pilot has to fix the cable himself, if possible<br> •Only verbal instructions by instructor or other officials<br> •Physical distancing at any time</p><p class="BN">Aerotow</p><p class="BN">•The pilot has to fix the cable himself, if possible<br> •Return of the dolly by one regular person<br> •Only verbal instructions by instructor or other officials<br> •Physical distancing at any time</p><p class="BN">Soaring</p><p class="BN">•No special instructions needed</p><p>Well, foot launching?</p><p>Go for it.</p></div>

There's, now, clear unambiguous evidence from study done on Covid19 outbreak in Hisenberg in Germany that NO infections could be attributed to contact with surfaces. ALL infections were proved to be due to being in proximity to infected person(s) for extended periods of time INDOORS. (Tightly packed dance/rave /music/protests/shouting/chanting /singing events remain a theoretical /probable risk.

Upshot is:
No need to bleach you glider or anus.
Davis
Site Admin

Post by Davis »

Link?
Mikeover

Post by Mikeover »

Davis wrote:Link?
The results of the study ( ink. Zero Infections from surface touching ) can not be found...

You think the internet is not censored....

Link is the same study but the results/report I've read?? Dunno.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/ ... laboratory
WMichelsen

Post by WMichelsen »

•Watch the wind direction at the airfield, choose an upwind position
I'm just wondering how everyone can be upwind of everyone else?
Kinda like all people being better than average?
Note to self:
Fly Downwind = Good.
Land Downwind = Bad.
Mikeover

Post by Mikeover »

Blindrodie

Hmmm. Mask, no mask?

Post by Blindrodie »

This article is a preprint and has not been peer-reviewed [what does this mean?].
I would "hang back" on that info for a bit there Mikeover… :twisted:

8)
Jim

Tow me up. I'll find my way down
Mikeover

Re: Hmmm. Mask, no mask?

Post by Mikeover »

Blindrodie wrote:
This article is a preprint and has not been peer-reviewed [what does this mean?].
I would "hang back" on that info for a bit there Mikeover… :twisted:

8)
Indeed. It was a bit presumptuous. My reading of the actual study PDF, not easy on my phone and with my paucity of understanding of epidemiological statistic, did not reinforce my belief garnered from reading of the media report of same. I still believe that the risk of contracting Covid19 from touching any surface ( and then touching nose mouth eyes) which has been touched by a infected person who's just coughed into that hand is almost non existent... More so outdoors.
At the same time the same risk is increased by people travelling from all over the world to effectively share their germs...

How much?
How long is that piece of string.
Previous topicNext topic