The Guy can Feel it !!!

A discussion restricted to the topic of hang gliding.
Entelin

Post by Entelin »

I saw this back when it came out and I still feel it's the best free flight video made so far. The cinematography is insane, so many of those shots are just incredibly difficult to get at the quality they managed to get. You need all the people in the right place at the right time in the right conditions, then it all needs to be executed sufficiently well. I really wonder how many takes it took before they got it right on some of those shots. On top of that the music and editing are top notch and all the little sound effects they used to emphasize certain parts. Well deserved 2mil+ views. Getting interesting freeflight footage is one of the banes of both sports, it's hard to make high altitude footage interesting. There's no doubt that people like Tucker Gott have grown the sport of PPG, and glancing through the comments of this video it's clear a good number of people have been inspired to take up the sport.
Entelin

Post by Entelin »

DougM wrote:Dead man flying.
I wouldn't go that far, a lot of this was fairly tame from a PG perspective. They had a safe amount of altitude for the aerobatics, the ski hill was pretty open. The only one that I felt was overtly sketchy was the attempted foot drag on the crane, I could imagine having a foot go through one of the triangles, the wing getting tangled, etc, not good. I don't think someone solely motivated by attention seeking would go through the effort it would have taken to make a video like this, much of it was wasn't so much overtly impressive flying as it was impressive filmmaking. Nothing in the video could be considered the cutting edge of paragliding aerobatics or anything.