The Guy can Feel it !!!

A discussion restricted to the topic of hang gliding.
BilleFly

The Guy can Feel it !!!

Post by BilleFly »

Maybe one of the Better flyers, on the planet?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... e=emb_logo
Last edited by BilleFly on Sun, Jun 07 2020, 07:30:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GOOD RUSH !!!
DougM

Post by DougM »

Dead man flying.

Too many of these 'pilots' are making a bad name for sky-sports in my opinion.

I've also been hearing (don't know if it's all absolutely true) that there have been some recent cases of paraglider pilots are suing other free-flight pilots for mishaps and the ushpa ends up in the middle of these problems, doling out more of our high-dues monies.

I wouldn't hold these kinds of 'pilots' as pillars of flying excellence. I call them attention-seeking 'show-offs' that end up helping to attract the wrong kind of people to our sports.
BilleFly

Post by BilleFly »

DougM wrote:Dead man flying.

…

I wouldn't hold these kinds of 'pilots' as pillars of flying excellence. I call them attention-seeking 'show-offs' that end up helping to attract the wrong kind of people to our sports.
So you don't watch the Red Bull Air Races ; attention-seeking 'show-offs' !

And NO NASCAR ; just a bunch of attention-seeking 'show-offs' !!

Absolutely No super-bike or MotoGP racing ; more attention-seeking 'show-offs' !!!

How about F1 , open wheel 220mph racing ; nope, more attention-seeking
'show-offs' !!!!

Dude --- maybe you should stay home and watch TV game shows ; get Fat, and
die of heart disease . LOL

Bille
GOOD RUSH !!!
DougM

Post by DougM »

Peter Parker principle: "With great power comes the requirement of great responsibility."

Merely because he has some aptitude does not mean he can carelessly flaunt it amongst people who don't understand the risk to themselves, solely for some wow's and 'likes.'
This type of behavior is witnessed so many times with other paraglider pilots attempting to outdo one another. Doing very careless maneuvers so close to the ground on many occasions. Could be the reason why paragliders are not trusted and many times disallowed at HG flying sites, especially the non-u$hpa sites. It takes a special kind of stupid person to ignore polite pleading by site owners and managers to stop doing dangerous maneuvers over the LZ and in close proximity to ground and/or traffic, as well as loitering over and on the LZ, and especially loitering in front of launch.
Not all paraglider pilots are like this, but these yahoos make it harder for those who are respectful pilots.
You want to practice your close-proximity flying? Sure. But do it far away from people and flying-site property. And don't launch off our sites, either. We don't want your liabilities.
Oh and one more thing… when one of yours gets hurt or dead, don't tell the authorities that he/she's a hang glider pilot flying a hang glider.
DougM

Post by DougM »

Hey Bille.... ya wanna completely change your last post one more time?!
I'm not flaming at you, Bille. It's those dang irrespectful parapoopers out there who don't give a rat's ars about anyone but themselves. I know you're not like that.
BilleFly

Post by BilleFly »

DougM wrote: Hey Bille… ya wanna completely change your last post one more time?!
…
The first post , i bashed you and your EGO , really bad ; i didn't feel good about
it, so i changed it .
I'll stand behind the second post ; if i can find my legs ! :D

Bille
GOOD RUSH !!!
Pat Halfhill

Post by Pat Halfhill »

That was a cool, really well done video. I totally don't understand you being upset about this Doug.
Davis
Site Admin

Post by Davis »

This video was published in the Oz Report to great acclaim as soon as it first came out.
Joe Faust

Post by Joe Faust »

Steve Forslund

Post by Steve Forslund »

So it is Doug's shift on the curmudgeon post. Thank goodness no hang glider pilots have ever done amazing things like skimming an lz at high speed. Just those paraglider pilots. I have to agree with Billie stay home and watch the price is right if you think we should all conform to the lowest common denominator
Steve Forslund