Not happy at Lookout

A discussion restricted to the topic of hang gliding.
Davis
Site Admin

Not happy at Lookout

Post by Davis »

I received this today:

Sent: Thursday, June 11, 2015 4:35 PM
To: davis@davisstraub.com

Dear Davis. You were just recommended to me from a Friend, that you may wish to post this to the Oz Report. I'm too old and sick now to start signing up with new places, but this is what I just went through, and hopefully I'll get it out of my system soon, so I may enjoy what time I have left with AOD.

Hello Folks.

I just returned from Lookout Mountain Hang Gliding Flight Park, and must be honest with you. This being the 5th time I left home since 1969 turned out to be the worst 3 weeks and $2.000 Dollars, $1,400 of which went to lessons that were absolutely useless, along with the Owner of the Lookout Mountain Park, Matt Tabor. He turned out to be a lying Blasphemer, along with his 2 bit Stoolie, Shawn. What started out as a great experience upon arriving was a complete nightmare at the end.

I had the sad opportunity of meeting the owner Matt Tabor at their store on top of the Mountain. Apparently he thought I put $2,400 down on a glider which was a misinterpretation on his part. I had the girl who ran the store to put it in their safe so I didn't carry such a large amount with me.
While talking with him, he said to me that,(Ahhh, for another $1,500 we can put a set of heavy duty wheels on the Hang Glider for landing.) He said it as though it was 2 bits. When he said that, I told him forget it, I'm not able to afford that much more plus all the other equipment that goes along with owning a Hang Glider. That was my 1st week at that time when this all occurred. I had 15 Tandem Tickets, And 3 Solo Tickets. They make you buy the last 2 solo tickets needed to qualify.

What this Matt Tabor went and did to me as a Pastor and a 100% Disabled Veteran, is unconscionable. He told his instructors to back off on teaching me, so as to fail the course. "Yes", I was told this by instructors who told me that because of Matt they were told not to sign me off on what I accomplished. When I got down to my last 3 Aero Tow Tandem Tickets and 3 Solo Tickets , Owner, Matt Tabor, personally told my Instructor not to pass me for Solo. That being the case, I refused to waste the price of the tickets for nothing, and Matt Tabors Mole, Shawn, who is like a stoolie texts him everything that happens throughout the day, whether it be about an employee or student, good or bad.

Shawn took my tickets and told me he'd get me a refund of $200.00 for them. At noon the next day I approached Shawn, and he told me Matt refused to give a refund. By the time I got done Hollering at him,I had all but lost my voice, telling him what kind of Evil people you work for, and that same day because of getting so excited had to take 9 Nitro Glycerene Tabs, and when that mixed with my Isosorbide Nitrate,(Time released Nitro Glycerine) became quit sick for 2 hours dry heaving.

I was so infuriated that I almost disregarded taking my Venlefaxine, for Bi-Polar. But, there is no one worth going to prison for there, so God helped me to get through this dark time in my life that I thought were all days of the past. Finally, the Instructor that I first booked with was able to talk to this Matt Tabor, and procure my $200.00 rebate for the tickets I had turned in 2 days earlier at that point.

Since Matt Tabor was 100% responsible at this point for not allowing me to finish the course with my last tickets, and refused to let me even Solo after all my tandem lessons, I am for the first time in my life contesting it through Visa. Something of which I've never had to do in 67 years. But I paid him $1,400.00 in good faith up front for the course, and because he thought I had put money down on a Glider, became quite upset when I told him, "That's It"! I can't afford any more so at the completion of the course I won't have the funds to order what I intended to at that time. It was that action that started this whole Matt Tabor machine in motion against me finishing the course.

And to make matters even worse, I heard from instructors and 3 different Hang Gliding Flight Parks, in not so plain language how he's done this to so many students it's ridiculous. He will make them fail the course initially so they will have to buy more Tandem Tickets to get through the course at $75.00/ticket.

It's a shame that so many well qualified instructors prostitute themselves out to Matt Tabor for their services. And especially this Shawn character who is no better then a mole that Burroughs his way under the ground. 3 Times I called Shawn and told him I wanted to see this Matt Tabor personally, but he had not the brass to meet me face to face. If ever a man can be associated with a weasel , Matt Tabor Fits this description to a tee,
And here I thought I did all the proper research on Hang Gliding Parks and chose the right one. The instructors are truly all good people, and of course had their sympathy for the way I was treated by the Owner of the Flight Park.

But sympathy doesn't get back the balance of $1,200.00 in lessons that were all in vain, because of the owner's telling all instructors to not pass me. I will post this on the Lookout Mountain Hang Gliding Page also, because it is a sad truth that all should be made aware of, even those considering taking Lessons at that specific Park. Be cautious, because it was people who were directly working for Matt Tabor that told me about the Illegal activities he engages in, forcing students to spend several hundred or more then the cost of the course to pass it. At 67 yrs, and PTSD from 1966, never have I been swindled as I was at Lookout Mountain Hang Gliding Flight Park.

This entire Journey has sealed my mind against ever leaving home again.

Pastor Marc Bialeck
1397 11th Ct
Friendship, Wisconsin
Billo

Post by Billo »

Why would you even post this?
billo
Pastor Marc

Post by Pastor Marc »

Billo wrote:Why would you even post this?
To help other Veterans with Agent Orange Dioxin as myself from investing in something that the owner of this park refuses to allow veterans to pass this course with an inane, made up excuse to make him look good to other people. When he could have told me from the beginning maybe I should reconsider, or, he doesn't allow 67 year old Veterans dying from Monsanto's great Chemical warfare AOD, to ever reach the point of soloing. In 1966 I flew OV1B's, and ran SLAR in Country. What did you do for this country Billo? I gave my all. It just takes a long time to slowly die for some if us. 200 fellow vets I sat with at the V.A. over the past 10 years are now gone. Soon it will be me, and I look forward to it. I just hate to see other Vets also lied to that might want to fly Hang gliders. Had I known this Matt Tabor from the beginning, I would have taken lessons right here in Whitewater, Wi. Anything else you want to know now, about why even post here, Billo?????
Joe Faust

Post by Joe Faust »

Pastor,
Arrive at Dockweiler and solo on your first effort.
You will be welcomed. Let some of us know when you arrive.

See: http://ozreport.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=140102#140102

========================================================

Filler from New Zealand, September, 1973, from New Zealand Wings
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Fred Wilson

Post by Fred Wilson »

Hey Pastor Marc Bialeck

Lookout Mountain Flight Park did not make it onto my list of Fantasy Flight Parks.

FANTASY Flight Park! What is your personal wish? (5530 views to date.)
See: http://www.hanggliding.org/viewtopic.php?t=18993
Last edited by Fred Wilson on Sun, Jun 14 2015, 08:02:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
winDfried

Health issues ?

Post by winDfried »

Pastor Marc wrote:
Billo wrote:Why would you even post this?
… Veterans with Agent Orange Dioxin chronic intoxication consequences …
…What did you do for this country Billo? …
(italics entered by me)

Dear Pastor Marc,

Just to inform You, Mr. Billo is Australian and I am really sure he has done quite enough for his country by paying taxes.
This forum gets input from all around the globe, also from the eastern side of the atlantic ocean.
Also there are very various professionals represented here.

From my (german and medical) point of view, Mr. Matt Tabor has undergone a very wize decision, to keep You away from flying solo.

Please book Your hanggliding experience from flying in Tandem with several engaged people in a lovely landscape,
as a really great experience of Your lifetime and don´t poison this great achievement with bitterness,
by being enraged over the few bucks You had invested.
Other hobbies and adventures are much more expensive.

But with Your cumulated medical issues (a 100% Disabled Veteran, Nitro Glycerene Tabs, Isosorbide Nitrate, Venlefaxine, for Bi-Polar ...),
I also would have strongly recommended against letting You fly solo.
Sorry, but hanggliding is not for everyone. And it is an extreme sport with really high charges on the cardial, respiratory and psychial systems.

Another fatality under the headline "medical problem in air" is not what our sport can easily take up.
Nor can the most well known flight park in the US.

With all respect, and friendly regards, winDfried
Sebby

Post by Sebby »

"What this Matt Tabor went and did to me as a Pastor and a 100% Disabled Veteran, is unconscionable"

He probably saved your life by not clearing you. Id thank him. You could barely get into my golf cart and told me about all your issues and drugs you have to take. IM sorry for your medical issues as well as your other disabilities but you should not be flying anything. You were out of breath just walking to my cart from the tandem spot 50 ft away when I gave you a ride back to your cabin. You said yourself you only wanted to fly with one instructor because the rest were constantly telling you that your doing things wrong. You said yourself with all your conditions it takes a while to process before its clear. This isnt a sport where you can take a while to process especially when sharing the air with others as you will then be putting them at risk.

Hope you find something that you can do and best wishes for a full recovery.
Sebastian
Seamusless

Post by Seamusless »

So you think that because you are both a man of god and a veteran you deserve some type of special reverence from others? How very selfless of you.... No wonder you never leave home.
Pastor Marc

Post by Pastor Marc »

Sebby wrote:"What this Matt Tabor went and did to me as a Pastor and a 100% Disabled Veteran, is unconscionable"

He probably saved your life by not clearing you. Id thank him. You could barely get into my golf cart and told me about all your issues and drugs you have to take. IM sorry for your medical issues as well as your other disabilities but you should not be flying anything. You were out of breath just walking to my cart from the tandem spot 50 ft away when I gave you a ride back to your cabin. You said yourself you only wanted to fly with one instructor because the rest were constantly telling you that your doing things wrong. You said yourself with all your conditions it takes a while to process before its clear. This isnt a sport where you can take a while to process especially when sharing the air with others as you will then be putting them at risk.

Hope you find something that you can do and best wishes for a full recovery.
Sebastian
I would like to thank you everyone for all the feedback. As mentioned in my original conversation with Lookout Mt. I explained in full that I am Ambulatory, and told the people responsible for booking classes for the Aero Tow Course that I was on 35 meds a day, and even named each one. That should have been the time that they told me I would be at risk, and advise me to not take this course. Even when I arrived there and set up all my meds, their wasn't an employee their that wasn't aware of exactly what I was taking. Per the initial phone conversation they recommended to me to take the Aero Tow Course, since I've lost much bone mass in my legs. They asked if I'd leave my wheelchair home, and came with only a cane. My Canadian Crutches are restricting for you must reach straight down for the grip and cannot hold anything. I believe if Matt was truly concerned about my physical problems he should have told me at that initial call, or even one of the several calls I'd made. I was cleared by the V.A. to take the course, which is normal routine whenever I take on a new physical undertaking. However, I'm not here to continue to defend my taking the course, but all concerned must understand that I was never given any warning when I booked it, with full understanding of my physical position, and present meds. It all boils down to not someone concerned for my welfare as some feel, otherwise I would not be on this board. A friend from another local Hang Gliding program advised I post this here to make others aware of who they are truly dealing with in the background, and have had many students come from Lookout Mt. with similiar related story's, and many of these instructors are familiar with Matt Tabor, and his devious practices over a 30 year period, when he began by making carts for the Hang Gliding Wings. So again thank you all for your concern. As the sands run through my hourglass I can no longer afford to fly anywhere to continue with what I hoped would have been the end of my bucket list, with 2 years of Flying a Power Parachute, and a small 3 wheeled cart, and a beautiful rectangular sail. I new I would be able to work with a Hang Glider easier then setting up my Power Parachute, and sold it because of lack of people in the boonies here to help me. Hopefully this will explain to all interested everything that transpired between me, Matt Tabor, and the entire Staff at Lookout Mt. Pastor Marc Bialeck
Pastor Marc

Post by Pastor Marc »

Seamusless wrote:So you think that because you are both a man of god and a veteran you deserve some type of special reverence from others? How very selfless of you… No wonder you never leave home.
I only hope and Pray that when your time comes, and you can almost pinpoint the exact month of passing, to reread what you write at that time. I've never asked anyone for nothing, and will not lower myself to your standards with an explanation of something I was. I never said it made me special, but it makes you very suspect to God that you even write what you did to a minister. I've never said any more then that and like so many atheists you want to start a whole new topic. As I said earlier, I'm too old, and too sick to continue arguing, especially over something that you yourself try to put something I stated that I would deserve any special favor. The people that do are the friends I've already lost to the same disease. You are far from being a righteous individual with your statement. Pastor Marc