going prone on a Moyes Matrix harness

A discussion restricted to the topic of hang gliding.
Previous topicNext topic
Fabiano

going prone on a moyes matrix harness

Post by Fabiano »

Does anyone have a tip on how to go prone on the Matrix harnesses by Moyes? I've been trying it out on my highly advanced home simulator (read: hanging on the frame of my kitchen's door).

I found it very hard to go prone. Correction, actually I found it impossible to go prone! it seems that the cleat locks upon my weight and will not let me go head-down and the hang-point just won't slide to the back.

On the other hand going upright again is very easy with the hang-point sliding easily back to the front and allowing a very smooth return to the upright position.

In their site Moyes advises to arch my body back to go prone. I don't get it. Any tips anyone?

Thanks!
Ksykes

Post by Ksykes »

I had the same issue, you need to lengthen the line that goes through the cleat. Just a very small amount. Download the manual from the Moyes site it gives a good description of how-to. The other thing is it feels different hanging in your glider vs on the ground, you can "pull down" a bit more effectively.
Fabiano

Post by Fabiano »

Thanks for your help, I hadn't noticed there was a manual at moyes site!

I've also been getting some technique advice from brazilian pilots and it seems to me that people are doing a lot of break-dancing in order to go prone in modern harnesses! :)

If all the moves fail to get me prone I will try the lengthier rope trick!

I will post my progress!
Previous topicNext topic