Did the Italian team break the rules at the 2009 Worlds?

A discussion restricted to the topic of hang gliding.
MatjazKlemencic

Post by MatjazKlemencic »

What about Greifenburg Europeans in 2008.

Why was Manfred always flying the route with his swift, always a bit ahead of the leading gaggle? :) And Austrian team won the european championship this year. No high-tech soultions, but...

Just thoughts :)
Davis
Site Admin

Post by Davis »

Hm, I wonder why were all members of the Italian team whole time of the Worlds some where in the Laragne village (as looking on the internet). I watched the last day Christian's flight as Flavio stated on the internet page.
So are you saying that every day the Italian support team including Flavio were watching the Italian team pilots' track logs on a computer (Flavio's netbook)? You are saying that you saw Christian's track log displayed on a computer as he was flying on the last day, correct?

Was Christian's track log displaying in real time (not delayed)?

Were the other Italian pilots' track logs being displayed in real time?
Davis
Site Admin

Post by Davis »

Why was Manfred always flying the route with his swift, always a bit ahead of the leading gaggle?
This is why we set up separate tasks and times for different classes.
MatjazKlemencic

Davis wrote:
Hm, I wonder why were all members of the Italian team whole time of the Worlds some where in the Laragne village (as looking on the internet). I watched the last day Christian's flight as Flavio stated on the internet page.
So are you saying that every day the Italian support team including Flavio were watching the Italian team pilots' track logs on a computer (Flavio's netbook)? You are saying that you saw Christian's track log displayed on a computer as he was flying on the last day, correct?

Was Christian's track log displaying in real time (not delayed)?

Were the other Italian pilots' track logs being displayed in real time?
I stated that they had it on the web page which you said it was in Italian language. The dots that where showing where the pilots are were troughout all the competition at the same spot in Laragne because it was not working (or maybe they were drinking coffe for a loooong time at the same place)...

Real time no real time, I don`t know, I don`t want to be a hole digger for anyone.

About Swift and different tasks, Manfred was there free flying of course but always flying the route in front.

Kind regards
Davis
Site Admin

Post by Davis »

I see, you mean that the Italian team pilots weren't using the system, as far as you could tell, but that Christian was using it on the last day. Thanks for confirming that.
About Swift and different tasks, Manfred was there free flying of course but always flying the route in front.
Well, check the rules out. This is against the rules and anyone could have protested.
MatjazKlemencic

Davis wrote:I see, you mean that the Italian team pilots weren't using the system, as far as you could tell, but that Christian was using it on the last day. Thanks for confirming that.
It is your conclusion that I confirmed something not mine.

Kind regards
Davis
Site Admin

Post by Davis »

Ah, language, isn't it wonderful?
MatjazKlemencic

:D