A Politics Free World

For discussions not directly related to hang gliding.
Birdel

Post by Birdel »

Davis wrote:
AIPAC is an example of an American Zionist Lobby formed organisation that has a stranglehold on the US congress.
Not really.

Besides they are going to send their former top two guys to prison.
This is a technique been used all over the history, give the public a tiny little crust so they don't question whats going on behind the scenes.
Has anyone questioned their influence in the Iraqi war, war in Lebanon, peace treaties and etc... Giving off a couple of scapegoats for the better of the group is impressive indeed, especially when backed up by a penetrated media as well that would put a tremendous weight on such things. At the end of the day Lobby's activities are not opened for a widescale debate, for they don't want the American public to question the level of influence they excersise.
Davis
Site Admin

Post by Davis »

Whatever.
JBBenson

Re: A Politics Free World

Post by JBBenson »

Intrinsic to your thesis is the idea of "Them"; a mysterious cabal or clique who somehow "control" things.

In your case, you believe it is the Jews. You are not the first to suspect them.

The idea of "Them" is a very European (i.e. Old World) one, (It is probably also endemic to the Middle East, but I have never been there, and do not speak Arabic (or Farsi) so am not sure about this, but would seem in character).

When I was living in Europe, I remember it (viewpoints such as yours) being typical of the caffein and nicotine-fueled paranoid chatter that passes for "debate" in Continental European cafes, especially Vienna. It's all surface, no depth. It is often a contest of "how-convoluted-can-my-logic-be".

In any case, I have not encountered much "Them" thinking in the U.S.. This may be because the U.S. has a history of assimilation, (albeit imperfect), as well as not having been the victim of so many wars of conquest. There is no burden of history. My Swedish grandfather, who emigrated to the U.S. in 1916, still spoke of "Them" until his death at 96 years of age.
Birdel

Re: A Politics Free World

Post by Birdel »

So far you have been telling us about your travel and beliefs with no single evidence to bolster your standings, except that you haven't heard of "them" in the US. Furthermore, I haven't mentioned that its Jews. Its simply the Zionist Lobby which is a coallition of Jewish Rightists.