Why is the Girls topic locked?

For discussions not directly related to hang gliding.
Majurpain

Why is the Girls topic locked?

Post by Majurpain »

I LIKE girls.
Scare!
Site Admin
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada (eh!) [49.8953,-97.1385,somewhere in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada]

Post by Scare! »

But some of our members don't want them there, like if they're connecting from work. The purpose of the "decorations" down there is to be a little reward for making it all the way to the bottom of a page. Notice how they're strategically positioned on either side of the ads? To look at them both your eyes will naturally travel over the ads, might be something interesting there, you might click on one, and we'd get $0.10 or so that goes towards the costs of hosting and maintaining this site.

That's probably not as effective for the female members here, so I turn off the decorations for them, if I can guess from their username that they [i]are[/i] female, or they send we a message asking me to do it. That topic is locked in place at the top so that it can always be found, especially by new members.
Christopher

Participation deterant

Post by Christopher »

Scare! wrote:That's probably not as effective for the female members here, so I turn off the decorations for them, if I can guess from their username that they are female, or they send we a message asking me to do it. That topic is locked in place at the top so that it can always be found, especially by new members.
Oh, it's effective for women- for alienating them, that is. I just loved convincing my wife to come here to ask flying related questions because, as I said, 'the OZ Report is frequented by a number of highly experienced and diverse pilots that could help'- only then to have to convince her that she wouldn't be objectified, that she would be given the respect accorded to any other pilot... that the members aren't just the leering perverts with one hand on the keyboard they appear to be...

That's fucked up; the last thing our sport needs is to deter female participation: and that is exactly what the pin-ups do.
Kim Frutiger

Girls, Groins and Google ads…

Post by Kim Frutiger »

Scare! wrote:But some of our members don't want them there, like if they're connecting from work. The purpose of the "decorations" down there is to be a little reward for making it all the way to the bottom of a page. Notice how they're strategically positioned on either side of the ads? To look at them both your eyes will naturally travel over the ads, might be something interesting there, you might click on one, and we'd get $0.10 or so that goes towards the costs of hosting and maintaining this site.

That's probably not as effective for the female members here, so I turn off the decorations for them, if I can guess from their username that they are female, or they send we a message asking me to do it. That topic is locked in place at the top so that it can always be found, especially by new members.

As a female, I am not offended by the presence of the scantily clad chicks...but at the lack of sexxxy scantily clad dudes...Come on...even it out! Toss us a boner...er. bone.
WearyandDone

Re: Girls, Groins and Google ads…

Post by WearyandDone »

Kim Braswell wrote:
Scare! wrote:But some of our members don't want them there, like if they're connecting from work. The purpose of the "decorations" down there is to be a little reward for making it all the way to the bottom of a page. Notice how they're strategically positioned on either side of the ads? To look at them both your eyes will naturally travel over the ads, might be something interesting there, you might click on one, and we'd get $0.10 or so that goes towards the costs of hosting and maintaining this site.

That's probably not as effective for the female members here, so I turn off the decorations for them, if I can guess from their username that they are female, or they send we a message asking me to do it. That topic is locked in place at the top so that it can always be found, especially by new members.

As a female, I am not offended by the presence of the scantily clad chicks...but at the lack of sexxxy scantily clad dudes...Come on...even it out! Toss us a boner...er. bone.
Agree 100%. I'd be happy to provide sample photos.
DougM

Post by DougM »

So who took off the hotties?! I just noticed no more girls on the bottom of the page! Are we a bunch of PC limp-d!ck feminists?!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic