Third Debate - Very Obama

For discussions not directly related to hang gliding.
MysticWizard

Third Debate - Very Obama

Post by MysticWizard »

Wow!

Obama is one cool character and a very eloquent speaker. I'm also convinced he has a very high IQ… perhaps genius

McCain's body language sucked. The close ups of his face made him look angry and almost as if he was belittling Obama.

McCain FINALLY went on the attack.. but he was so ineffective. McCain's attempt to hurt Obama with his past "association" with Bill Ayers failed.

Then his closing statement; stumbling, moving around in his sentences, just awful.
Proud member of Mystic 7 Leper Colony.
Davis
Site Admin

Post by Davis »

And what's with the fluttering eye lids (too much light in his face)?

Also, that grin of his. The malicious smirk. Or is that just the partisan in me seeing that?

Yes, Obama is very cool, in the sense that he just doesn't react (visibly) emotionally to the attacks. He just has an answer. He doesn't get down with John and slug it out, but rises above it all. Amazing. How does he do that?

I didn't think that all his answers were that great, but they were at least answers and they were delivered without a hint of animus.

He keeps saying when he agrees with McCain. It's like he is continually trying to build consensus. Great team building skills. Americans aren't use to that in a politician.
Claudio Colabianchi

Post by Claudio Colabianchi »

You are right, Bill. McCain should have explained more who Bill Ayers is so everybody can understand the ties.

How about Obamas lies about the campaign founding?
Davis
Site Admin

Post by Davis »

I have read all about Bill Ayers. What else is there to know?
How about Obamas lies about the campaign founding?
What lie was that? Obama had a coffee get together at Bill's house. He's been to thousands of coffee get togethers. Bill was named citizen of the year in Chicago for his work on school reform.
Davis
Site Admin

Post by Davis »

http://blog.vils.com.br/2008/10/carmo-d ... e-lei.html
C-Span showed the entire debate in split screen and whenever I looked up I saw Mr. McCain looking across at Mr. Obama with a strained look of incredulity, or the pained smile of an indulgent teacher listening to a recitation from a particularly dim-witted student.

There were obvious flashes of anger and aggression, when it looked as if Mr. McCain might actually cross the vertical split-screen line separating the combatants and wring Mr. Obama’s neck. (I may have been watching too much “Saturday Night Live.”)
MysticWizard

Post by MysticWizard »

I'm re-watching the debate on CNN, and they have a scrolling "instant reaction" meter of "Uncommitted Ohio Voters" by gender as they talk on the bottom.

Interestingly, when McCain initially brought up the Ayers "issue" the "men" dug it, and when Obama responded the "women" dug it. Then, when McCain went on to complain about Obamas negative ad attacks, once again, the "men" registered positive and the "women" flatlined.

The "men" seem to really "dial up" when McCain attacks.

But then Obama got into "The American public is sick of the 'tit for tat', and wants to talk about policy", both groups agreed witgh Obama. Then, McCain went on the rambling "people come to my rallies with veterans and blah, blah.." McCain flatlines both gender approval.

Then, Obama get's back to the concentrate on the issues thing.. and "we can disagree on issues, but we can't characterize each other as bad people" both genders go real high.

McCain gets into "we need to know trhe full story on Ayers and ACORN" and the lines go flat again.

As Obama talks about the legitimate people he would surround himself while in office both lines go up, then - ridiculously relentless -McCain continues and continues about Obama and Ayers and ACORN both lines go negative.

Based on the "dialing" looks like McCain is playing a desperate, losing game regarding the Ayers and ACORN issues.
Last edited by MysticWizard on Wed, Oct 15 2008, 11:44:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Davis
Site Admin

Post by Davis »

Fact checking: http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2008 ... finale/?hp

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/10/16/us/po ... ssess.html
If Mr. Obama, on the defensive, showed a bit more vim, vigor and vinegar than he had in the previous debates, he also remained calm, cool and collected for the most part — showing survival skills that he learned in his brutal 16-month battle for the nomination against a tough inside fighter, Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton. That is all Mr. Obama really needed to do to freeze the dynamics of the campaign in place during the debate — dynamics that by and large favor him.
MysticWizard

Post by MysticWizard »

Visual "image" is also SO important.

Obama looked smart with a red tie and thin white stripes against dark blue blazer with a small American Flag pin- while McCains black tie against dark jacket made him look like he was ready for a funeral. (by the way, no American flag pin on McCain's blazer.)

Awful to say, but McCain's deformed face and "turkey neck flaps" is also somewhat unsettling.

Plus, his wife should have "tamed" the wild hair sticking up from his left eyebrow before he went on the air.

(Hey, I know I'm materialistic. After all, I do live in Boca!)
MysticWizard

Post by MysticWizard »

Huffington.. Oct 16

John McCain didn't just fail to get the game-changer he needed -- he was trounced in this third and final debate, if the instant post-debate polling provides any indication.

The results over at CBS show Obama to have scored the biggest victory to date: "Fifty-three percent of the uncommitted voters surveyed identified Democratic nominee Barack Obama as the winner of tonight's debate. Twenty-two percent said Republican rival John McCain won. Twenty-four percent saw the debate as a draw."

It is, the site writes, "a clean sweep" for the Illinois Democrat.

Over at CNN, a separate poll of several hundred debate watchers again favored the Democrat by large margins: 58 percent for Obama to McCain's 31 percent. Perhaps more importantly, McCain's favorable rating dropped 51 to 49 while his unfavorable rating increased from 45 percent to 49 percent. Obama ended up with 66 percent favorable rating.

Digging into the details the news is even worse for the Arizona Republican.

Asked who "expressed his views more clearly" 66 percent said Obama, 25 percent said McCain.
"Who spent their time attacking his opponent:" 80 percent said McCain, seven percent said Obama. "Who seemed to be the stronger leader:" 56 percent for Obama, 39 percent for McCain. And who was "more likeable:" 70 percent for Obama to McCain's 22 percent.

CNN also conducted a smaller focus group of 25 undecided likely voters in Ohio, and Obama won that too, 15-10.
Quinn.cornwell

Post by Quinn.cornwell »

Does it mention anything about the number of viewers tuned in?
quinn